Here’s what you need to bring to our maternity session!
- Your chosen outfit(s) – whether borrowed from my client closet or your carefully selected outfit! Beige, white, neutral, light and pastel colours look great in photos, that being said, I do love a pop of colour (red, rusty orange, mustard, etc). I personally prefer long / flowy dresses when shooting outside. Pick outfits that you feel super comfortable and confident in. Remember, I want you to feel not great, but AMAZING! Choose your outfit first, than plan the rest of the outfits around yours – you are the star of the show! The best thing is to colour coordinate and complement, we want to avoid everyone looking too matchy-matchy. Take a look at the flower crowns featured in my client closet and let me know which ones you want me to bring to our session!
- Underwear options: Depending on the different outfits and dresses you will wear, the best underwear colour is nude colour. It will allow you to wear dark, white and even see-through options! If you don’t have nude underwear, have a set of white and a set of black ones ready. Don’t feel obliged to bring a strapless bra – most maternity bras are not strapless unfortunately – you can always go braless to avoid seeing a bra through your outfit (and yes, I’ll edit out the nipples!)
- A baby scan and/ or baby shoes (if you wish). Feel free to think outside the box and bring any props or accessories that would make the photos more personable!
- Want a personalised message on my lettered board? Do let me know what message you want me to create not later than 24 hours before our session! Click here to see examples of messages!
- Got a pup? Bring him/her to our session! We’ll get the cutest photos with the pup and the bump!
- It’s pamper time! Yep you heard me: get yourself pampered! Enjoy it while you can and this is the perfect excuse for it! Most of the time, hands and feet end up being seen on your maternity photos, so feel free to go all the way in pampering & self-love: offer yourself a mani-pedi before getting your motherhood portraits taken! Getting all dolled up helps a lot with self confidence and to feel more comfortable in front of the camera.
- Hair & make-up: As you’ve seen from my work, I’m all about the natural look, but I also want you to feel confident. If you want to go for a goddess look, have some light curls to add some volume. Feel free to have a look at Pinterest or Youtube tutorials for some hairdo inspo! Click here to see some gorgeous romantic half up dos looks. My top tip for make-up is to put a little more than what you normally would – photos tend to not reflect the makeup so you need to overdo it just a tad! If you want a pro to do your make-up, let me know and I’ll put you in touch with my associate make-up artist!
- Rest up before our session! This is what professional models will advise you: get lots of sleep and drink lots of water the evening before the session – you’ll have that goddess glow at our shoot and you will feel fantastic!
- If we’re shooting outside, bring some layers to keep warm should it get a bit chilly, and wear your comfiest trainers to walk between locations! Don’t forget to also bring a small bottle of water, tissues, hayfever tablets (if you have allergies!) and a small mirror/ lipstick if you need to touch up!
Don’t forget that you will look amazing no matter what! Maternity sessions are one of my favourite type of sessions because we get to celebrate womanhood and motherhood at the same time – it’s all about YOU. You are the star of the show and I’m rooting for you! I will make sure you have an unforgettable experience before the little one comes!
I can’t wait to meet you!!